Reduce Dynamics project risk – video on demand
We had over 200 registrants for our session on Thursday 22nd June on how to reduce Dynamics project risk. Louis Geller presented a whole range of learnings and hints gleaned over his long career in multinational IT firms which spanned development, delivery, sales, marketing and general management – experience right across the board.
As with many things, much of the content was reminders of common sense approach which many of us fail to stick to when under time, budget and peer pressure. The central message was :
“Stick to the original business benefits unless there is an absolutely compelling reason to alter the scope”
If you’d like us to keep you informed of future updates, please register at 365 Talent Portal – it’s completely free and you can keep your profile hidden if you prefer. And if you are a Microsoft partner or end user customer, sign up as a customer – at just £8k for an annual subscription you can hire as many perm or temp consultants as you need, when your projects need them, with no recruiter charges.
You can link to a recording of the entire Dynamics project risk session and view it at your leisure by clicking on the image below. It’s also available on our YouTube channel along with lots of other clips about Dynamics 365, Dynamics AX, Dynamics CRM, Dynamics NAV, PowerBI, and Azure.
This is what the full session encompassed:
· Business processes and requirements come first
· Focus on achieving a healthy ROI, including post-implementation performance measurement
· Get proper support and time from your company executives
· Develop a realistic project plan and implementation timeframe, and stick to it
· Commit strong project management and your best resources to the project – “A team” not “spare team”
· Good and open communication is vital; don’t hide things as they always come out later
· Ensure adequate organizational change management and training
· Limit software customization and challenge change control requests vehemently
· Leverage independent Dynamics expertise – from top Dynamics partners and Dynamics freelancers
· Some handy checklist tools you can download
· Where to find out more
The above is a whistle-stop tour of some key areas in reducing Dynamics project risk. We focus on some simple basics, founded on our experience of Dynamics projects since launch over 15 years ago. We’ll cover certain areas in more depth in future blogs and presentations.
Please have a look at the session for more detail – hope it’s all useful information! At 365 Talent Portal we run web and face to face briefings about Microsoft Dynamics projects on a regular basis. If you have an idea for a particular subject you would like us to cover, please let us know via email here let us know by email here.
About us: 365 Talent Portal is the online platform that enables thousands of Microsoft Dynamics consultants to improve their technical, consulting, and soft skills, as well as advertise their profiles whenever they choose to look for work. This profile gives Microsoft Dynamics partners and end-users instant, direct access to the consultants if they want to be contacted. With a network spanning 118 countries, 365 Talent Portal allows companies to search for consultants based on their detailed skills, rates and available dates, to find the best consultants for their projects. Companies can find and employ them on a very low cost model on either a freelance or permanent basis, without incurring the hefty fees typical of recruitment agencies. To find and hire excellent Dynamics resource, please go to 365talentportal.com.