Everything you need to know about Dynamics NAV 2016
With the recent release of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016, there is a lot of new information to keep track of. In this article, we will provide a summary of the new features, links to Dynamics NAV 2016 documentation and guides, and links to training and readiness resources.
NAV 2016 new features
Dynamics NAV 2016 introduced many exciting new features which are making the solution quicker to implement and easier to use.
Main improvements – summary
- NAV 2016 allows business anytime, anywhere via new native apps that can be used on any device. The interface is optimised for touch and for keyboard and mouse.
- The web client has thoroughly been improved. It comes with over 60 new or enhanced features.
- It is now possible to create and configure workflows and workflow-events.
- Document management and OCR capabilities have been improved.
- Integration with Office 365 has been enhanced.
- Dynamics NAV 2016 now offers a direct connection with Dynamics CRM.
- NAV 2016 works natively with Azure SQL extensions.
- NAV 2016 works with Power BI.
- Customisation extensions are now available. They enable consultants to customise certain aspects of NAV 2016 without code modifications.
- NAV 2016 comes with a Test Automation Suite which allows automated testing of the solution.
Additional information and online resources
If you wish to dig deeper into NAV 2016’s new features and functionalities, here are a few useful links.
- Announcing the General Availability of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 on the Dynamics NAV Team Blog.
- What’s new in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 – the official Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 guide on PartnerSource. It will give you a summary of the new features and a wealth of supporting materials, including downloadable ‘How do I’ guides and best practice tips (if you’re an independent consultant who doesn’t have access to PartnerSource, find out how to obtain it here).
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016: What’s New on Waldo’s blog: a deeper look into the new features from the perspective of a Dynamics NAV Technical consultant.
- NAV 2016 on MVPs’ blogs on Totovic NAV blog: a list of blog articles in which Dynamics NAV MVPs walk you through NAV 2016’s new features.
Readiness and training for consultants
Many new readiness resources for Dynamics NAV 2016 are now available online. This short guide will help you to decide where to start on your path to passing your new certifications and give you links to resources that can help you to familiarise yourself with the new solution.
Training and certifications
The best Microsoft Dynamics training resource available online is the Microsoft Dynamics Learning Portal (DLP). On this great training platform, you will be able to take Dynamics NAV 2016 online courses, watch How do I videos and practice what you have learnt in virtual labs.
The following Dynamics NAV 2016 resources are currently available on the DLP:
E-learning courses on Dynamics Learning Portal:
Introduction to Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 Finance Essentials
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 Finance Advanced
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 Application Setup
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 Development Environment
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 Installation & Configuration
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 Data & Code Upgrade – Coming soon
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 Cloud for Business – Technical – Coming soon
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 Cloud for Business – PreSales – Coming soon
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 Relationship Management – Coming soon
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 Development Introduction – Coming soon
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 Advanced Functionality – Coming soon
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 Tips & Tricks for NAV with SQL/Azure – Coming soon
How Do I video series on Dynamics Learning Portal:
Video Series on Performance Testing and Sizing
Video Series on Reporting
Video Series on Design Patterns
Video Series on In Office 365
Video Series on Integration & Extensibility
Video Series on PowerShell
Video Series on Tips and Tricks
If you are an independent consultant who doesn’t have access to the Dynamics Learning Portal, 365 Talent Portal can help you get access to specialised Microsoft Dynamics training and professional resources.
Take your certification exams
Taking your certification exams can prove very time-consuming if you have to travel to the exam centre every time. It is now possible to take your Microsoft certification exams online.
Microsoft’s NAV 2016 readiness guide for consultants
A Dynamics NAV readiness page for consultants is available on PartnerSource. It provides readiness resources and downloads for Dynamics NAV 2013 R2, Dynamics NAV 2015 and Dynamics NAV 2016.
On this page, you will be able to:
– Download Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016;
– Get access to information about the new features;
– See the Dynamics NAV 2016 Licensing Guide;
– Obtain marketing materials and video demos for Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
Dynamics NAV consultants’ blogs
Blogs written by Dynamics NAV consultants are an amazing resource that can make your life a lot easier. They’ll provide you with practical tips based on actual implementation experience, detailed How do I guides, ideas to fix issues, latest news and upgrades…
There are many great blogs out there. If you’re not sure how to find them, The Top 25 Dynamics NAV Sites by Dynamics 101 is a good place to start.
Totovic NAV blog and Waldo’s blog aren’t on this list but are definitely worth a read (and these blogs both have ‘Links’ sections that will redirect you to additional Dynamics NAV blogs and to valuable Dynamics NAV resources).
About us: 365 Talent Portal is the first online platform that gives Dynamics partners and end-users instant access to hundreds of consultants. With a network spanning 101 countries, it allows companies to search for consultants based on their skills, rates and available dates, enabling them to find the best person for their projects without incurring the hefty fees typical of recruitment agencies. Register here –365talentportal.com.
What are you looking for?
Choose another language?
Some Popular Posts
- Webinar – How to Get Your PL-200 Certification March 1, 2021
- Webinar – Microsoft Partner Contribution Indicators Explained February 9, 2021
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 + Power Platform Solution Architect Certification Journey January 12, 2021
- Microsoft Power Platform Developer Certification Journey January 12, 2021
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management Certification Journey December 9, 2020