How to access Project Madeira preview outside of the USA, or inside the USA without adding it to your corporate Office 365 domain
This handy Project Madeira preview workaround has been supplied to us by our friends at Microsoft. We suggest you read the instructions all the way through before starting, and please make sure you choose U.S. REGION or Project Madeira won’t work for sign up.
There has been a US (and now Canada)-specific Project Madeira preview available for download since April at the official preview site . This requires you to provide an email address which ties to a US-related instance of Office 365.
If you are in the US or Canada, this is great – but you may wish not to use your work Office account. If you are not in the US or Canada, then you can’t make it work any way via this means. For both situations, here is a way through.
If you want to use Project Madeira preview for demo/trial purposes, you can sign up for a trial version of Office 365 using the Microsoft Demos portal. Everything will take you less than 10
- Go to the Demos portal here: https://demos.microsoft.com/login#/
- Choose the Microsoft Partner Login option. A short optional Tutorial will appear – skip it if you like.
- Click on the “Tenants” link in the left hand navigation
- Click the Create link in one of the open tenant slots
- Click the “Quick Tenant” button to get your tenant
- Select the type of tenant you require. Typically this would be the Standard Office 365 Demo content.
- Once the tenant has been created, you will be returned to the tenant page with your new Quick tenant assigned
- In the left panel, choose Demos, and then choose Create New Demo.
- Fill in the fields, and create a new demo tenant using the quick tenant template. This gives you an administrative email account, such as admin@MOD123456.onmicrosoft.com.
- Logon details for all demo tenants are standard. To logon to access your new tenant go to http://portal.office.com
- Logon with: Admin@<TenantName>.onmicrosoft.com (ex: admin@MOD123456.onmicrosoft.com) password: pass@word1
Then on to Project Madeira preview
- Go to the Project Madeira preview site here and try the preview: https://madeira.microsoft.com/en-us/
- When asked to log in, specify your demo email account, such as admin@MOD123456.onmicrosoft.com
- That’s it!
This gives you an Office 365 tenant with Project Madeira preview. On first access, you will be shown the Getting Started guide that takes you through key scenarios. Make sure you go through these steps, in particular, Step 4 – “Set up in Outlook”. It will set up Outlook apps and send you 3 demo emails that showcases Project Madeira preview features inside Outlook.
Hit “Next” until step 4
Then click “Set up in Outlook”. Use your demo credentials to login.
Then you should the confirmation that the inbox has been setup.
The following three emails will then appear in your inbox to showcase madeira functionality in outlook.
You can add your own data to build precisely the demo you want – no one else can access this Project Madeira company unless you add them as users. Your trial will expire after 3 months.
Note: As with all other demos that you spin up in this way, you’ll have to juggle your way through your day using multiple different Office 365 accounts, resulting in two different Azure AD accounts. To help creating a new demo account on your computer you can use the Client Setup tool found on the demo page on demo.microsoft.com
A reminder, make sure you choose U.S. REGION or Project Madeira won’t work for sign up.
Hope that helps – happy Project Madeira previewing!
What are you looking for?
Choose another language?
Some Popular Posts
- How to Navigate the Job Market February 19, 2024
- Maximising BizApps User Adoption Through Training February 12, 2024
- How To Build Your Employer Branding February 5, 2024
- Recruitment and Hiring: Then vs Now January 29, 2024
- DynamicsMinds 2024 – Join the most fun BizApps conference you’ll ever go to January 29, 2024