Listen to the Microsoft AXcast – what’s new in Dynamics AX & Dynamics 365?
Many thanks to Microsoft UK’s Kevin Horlock for giving a fast-paced and really informative Dynamics AX & Dynamics 365 webinar to over 100 of 365 Talent Portal’s AX consultants. Details below for those that would like to know more.
The main agenda covered:
- A summary of the recent AX and Dynamics 365 announcements
- What do these announcements mean for the Common Data Model?
- A deeper look at PowerApps and LCS
- Roadmap for AX and Dynamics 365
- Calls to action – what to do to prepare for Dynamics 365, and where to find it
There was a lot of information given, so please listen to the session at leisure – you can access the full session recording by clicking here.
The recording includes the following highlight and focus areas:
- There are new updates on DLP and Partnersource as well as some good public sites; click here for info on where to find them
- More info on AppSource, Dynamics 365 integration services
- Examples of prebuilt business processes – for speed of implementation and best practice use. These templates, end to end processes, and other tools will proliferate as more and more of Dynamics 365 is announced; the most obvious areas will be released first, and these will also be driven by partners who can develop their own and publish for wider use
- Cloud vs On Prem: it is important to understand that although the philosophy being driven by the market is to be cloud first, mobile first, many organisations will still need certain functions on premise, and Operations is a clear example of this – think of retail epos systems, the factory floor or warehousing. Microsoft will address this with specific releases and Kevin gave the latest date plan for these through 2016 and 2017.
- More info on the Common Data Model – also see links to other CDM blogs on this portal
- Business Application Platform – enabling faster deployment by trying to keep things simple – but can be expanded and customised by traditional development as well
- New extensibility scenarios via Flow and PowerApps takes Dynamics 365 into new areas that CRM and AX couldn’t so easily reach
- General Roadmap update, feature by feature
- The new 30 day free trial has now gone live for a hands-on experience…
Hope it’s all useful information!
At 365 Talent Portal we run web and face to face briefings about Microsoft Dynamics on a regular basis. If you have an idea for a particular subject you would like us to cover, please let us know via email here.
About us: 365 Talent Portal is the first online platform that enables thousands of Microsoft Dynamics consultants to improve their technical, consulting, and soft skills, as well as advertise their profiles whenever they choose to look for work. This profile gives Microsoft Dynamics partners and end-users instant, direct access to the consultants if they want to be contacted. With a network spanning 114 countries, 365 Talent Portal allows companies to search for consultants based on their detailed skills, rates and available dates, to find the best consultants for their projects. Companies can find and employ them on a very low cost model on either a freelance or permanent basis, without incurring the hefty fees typical of recruitment agencies. To find and hire excellent Dynamics resource, please go to 365talentportal.com.
What are you looking for?
Choose another language?
Some Popular Posts
- Join the New Microsoft Business Apps Conference in Slovenia this May! January 31, 2023
- [WEBINAR] Building a Successful Career in the Microsoft Space January 20, 2023
- Webinar – Understanding the Microsoft Solutions Partner Badges October 2, 2022
- Operations Director June 7, 2022
- Partner Sales Manager June 7, 2022